Skip to main content

Germany


MEILERHUTTE, GERMANY/ AUSTRIA

My fave shot taken by my friend Holger. I was looking into the horizon admiring the mountains beyond.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

throwback : mount kinabalu (experience with AMS)

26 Oct 2013 - happy birthday baby! sorry I am not there with you.. but here is my shout out to you! I love you and hope you have a good time celebrating your birthday!! (throwback Kinabalu 2013) That was me, with bad case of AMS, can't even get up for a decent photo! LOL! Before I started climbing, Having read alot about AMS, I ignored every single rule on mountaineering. Basic mountaineering rules, I practise : drink plenty of water munch sweets, anything that gives you energy throughout the climb NEVER EVER climb faster than your usually trekking pace, REMEMBER it is NOT A RACE! I was never a fast trekker, but having been hiking, climbing and trekking in preparation for Mount Kinabalu, my pace improved alot. Much to my dismay, it was not enough. I am not Killian Jornet ! Haha!  Everything happened for a reason. After kilometer 3, I got separated from my group and I realised then that I was actually trekking alone. Coincidently leaving them behind The weather was...

CBL - Chemerong Berembun Lansir

22-24 August 2014. So I decided to write an overdue entry. Bear with me. My long time friend from Germany came to Malaysia in August and asked me if I could take him for hike in Malaysia with his fiancĂ©. Most tourists from Europe will go to places like Taman Negara or Mount Kinabalu to seek some Malaysian rainforest adventure, but I planned a private tour for him and his fiancĂ© in Terengganu. Located in Hutan Lipur Chemerong. I hiked for the second time with my outdoor friends together with Holger & Tina. For those who've never head of this place before, you are not alone. It is better known as CBL and it stands for 3 popular spots in the forest reserve ; Chemerong, Berembun and Lansir Chemerong waterfalls - known as the 2nd highest waterfall in SEA. Berembun  - The highest peak in the forest reserve Lansir - The magnificent, magical waterfall and where the campsite area is for happy campers! The hike is magical and personally different than any other mountain...